A key ingredient in the Burn-XT™ family of dietary supplements is Capsimax, a patented extract of Capsicum annum made by OmniActive Health Technologies. Capsimax is a cutting-edge thermogenic ingredient that delivers concentrated, highly active capsaicinoids — the compounds in chili peppers that add spice to food and liquid — in a beadlet with a protective controlled-release coating.
The metabolic benefits of capsaicin and related capsaicinoids are now well-characterized by a growing body of clinical studies. But how does Capsimax encourage healthy weight management and improve body composition?
Read on and we'll fill you in on pertinent research behind capsaicin/capsaicinoids and why Capsimax is the best dietary supplement ingredient for these metabolism-boosting compounds.
Capsimax® is a standardized extract of natural Capsicum annum, more commonly known as the red-hot chili pepper or cayenne pepper. Chili peppers are a dense source of plant alkaloids called capsaicinoids. These compounds are responsible for the burning sensation of spicy foods . Capsaicin is the primary capsaicinoid in chili peppers; it works by activating receptors that permit nociceptive transmission of heat and pain signals .
The spiciness of chili peppers is measured as Scoville heat units (SHU). The higher the number, the spicier the hot pepper, and by extension, the more concentrated it is in capsaicinoids (specifically, capsaicin).
Ghost peppers, for example, are rated at approximately 1,000,000 SHUs, roughly 30 times hotter than red chili peppers. Likewise, pure capsaicin is rated at a whopping 16,000,000 SHUs. As you can imagine, consuming even just a few milligrams of unprotected capsaicin will cause significant oral and gastric burning.
Since capsaicinoids are extremely potent, it's simply not feasible to ingest a clinically effective dose of these compounds in the form of whole chili peppers, at least not without deleterious effects on the lining of the digestive tract.
So, how can we get the benefits of red chili peppers without having to drench food in hot sauce?
Enter Capsimax: a unique capsicum extract that uses innovative beadlet biotechnology and a controlled-release coating to safely and effectively deliver concentrated, highly active levels of capsaicinoids without irritating the esophagus, stomach, or gastrointestinal tract.
Human research and clinical studies have shown that capsaicinoids may have numerous benefits, particularly for overall health and weight management. Capsicum extract is one of the very few natural ingredients that can stimulate metabolism (i.e. increase energy expenditure) at rest. In other words, you burn significantly more calories simply by ingesting a dietary supplement with a high enough dose of capsaicinoids, such as Burn-XT™.
But don't just take our word for it. Here's an overview of the evidence behind capsicum extract for healthy weight management and improving body composition:
- Capsimax capsicum extract, providing roughly 2 mg of capsaicin, has been shown to elevate resting energy expenditure up to an estimated 130 kcal/day . These findings suggest that supplementing with Capsimax may boost metabolic rate and support weight loss by increasing resting energy expenditure (REE).
- Further human data of healthy adults has found that consumption of a Capsimax supplement significantly elevated blood levels of free fatty acids and glycerol — a biomarker of increased lipolysis (fat breakdown) — compared to placebo . Therefore, Capsimax may reduce body fat percentage and fat mass.
- Capsimax may suppress appetite and naturally reduce caloric intake, thereby encouraging proper energy balance for healthy weight management .
Evidence also suggests that natural capsicum extract may provide a range of other health benefits:
- Capsaicin and other capsaicinoids in capsicum extract appear to counteract the pressor response of stimulatory hormones like epinephrine and norepinephrine by increasing serum levels of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) . In turn, capsaicinoids may help reduce blood pressure and support cardiovascular health.
- Capsaicin has apparent anti-diabetic properties by increasing insulin sensitivity and reducing fat accumulation in the liver .
- Topical capsaicin preparations are often used to stimulate blood flow to specific areas of the body and for pain relief .
Capsimax is very well-tolerated based on clinical studies . On the contrary, generic capsicum extract can cause oral and gastric burning due to the potency of capsaicinoids. Capsimax features an innovative OmniBead beadlet technology that permits oral delivery of effective levels of capsaicinoids without the unwanted burning sensation and upset stomach that inferior extracts induce. Yet another reason Burn-XT™ and Pro-Series Burn™ are formulated with a clinical dose of 50 mg Capsimax in every serving.
Surprisingly, dietary supplements designed for weight-loss often contain inferior generic cayenne pepper extract. Consequently, these formulas typically lack effective levels of capsaicinoids while being more likely to cause adverse effects, specifically an oral and gastric burning sensation.
To ensure proper benefits of capsaicinoids and safety, the prudent choice is Capsimax — a foundational thermogenic ingredient in Burn-XT™ and Pro-Series Burn™ . Thanks to this revolutionary natural capsicum extract, Jacked Factory fat-burner supplements provide effective levels of capsaicinoids — notably capsaicin — to support energy metabolism, body composition, and weight management in active individuals.
Remember, the key to burning body fat and losing weight is controlling energy balance. Burn-XT™ and Pro-Series Burn™ help you do just that with natural ingredients that boost metabolism and energy expenditure while suppressing appetite and promoting focus throughout the day. Eat fewer calories, burn more calories, and voila! You have the recipe for weight-loss success and better health.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
There are several natural ways to boost testosterone levels throughout our 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond. Learn why testosterone is such an important hormone for men and how you can increase free testosterone levels without the use of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).
Tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA) is a mouthful to pronounce, but this bile acid metabolite has several therapeutic applications, supporting liver health, eye health, cognitive function, cholesterol metabolism, and more. Read on and we'll get you up to speed on all things TUDCA!